The assessment of the PTE examination is divided into 4 sections(speaking, reading, listening and writing). In these 4 sections, scores are attributed from the 20 topics. The score correlates with one another’s. Because when you read the question, it demonstrates your reading skills and when you write the answer, it demonstrates your writing abilities. Thus, in the PTE exam, the grade of the PTE Reading section is assigned from 5 topics.
The key to passing the PTE reading component of the PTE Academic is fluency in reading, attention, and understanding. You need to keep on practicing these things before attending the PTE exams.
Now we’ll talk about the best reading score cracking strategy. We will concentrate on PTE Reading tips and practices, as well as exam tactics.
Top PTE Reading Tips and Tricks
- Time management is crucial
- Don’t spend too much time in MCQs
- Go through the colocation
- Grammar is very important in this section
Now we will discuss about the top reading score cracking strategies for PTE Reading Section,
- Read the information carefully
- Use reading technique: repeated words, connectors and pronouns
- Find first sentence or pairs
- Don’t spend more than 3 minutes per question
Reading Fill In The Blanks
- Read all the information in the text carefully
- Look for repeated words and hints in the text
- Use grammar knowledge, vocabulary, and collocations
- Try to understand “WHY” when making mistakes
- Learn new vocabularies
- If you don’t know the answer to one blank, move to the next one
Multiple-choice, Choose Single Answer
- Understand the main message of the passage and focus on keywords to find the correct answer
- Don’t leave it blank because it doesn’t have negative marking
- Narrow down your options with the rule of elimination.
- Read the question thoroughly to understand what kind of information to look for.
- Learn to paraphrase, which means conveying the meaning using different words.
Multiple-choice, Choose Multiple Answers
- Read the questions and options
- Look for relevant information in the next
- Use elimination techniques
- MCQ-MA doesn’t mean that students must select 2 options all the time
- Don’t select an option when you are sure because it has negative marking you are not entirely sure.
Reading and writing Fill In The Blanks
- Skimming and Scanning
- Reading Questions First
- Reading Options Second
- Eliminating Options
- Selecting ones 100% certain
- Look for the same words in the passage
Read More About: PTE Preparation Strategy To Get Desired Score Of 4 PTE Sections
Having a hard time learning a new language is common. But remember APICAL is always here to assist with for your PTE preparation. APICAL will provide you with all kinds of materials to make your PTE journey smooth.